While the weather is perfect and everyone wants to spend time outside, there is one seasonal chore that looms overhead â€“spring cleaning. Set aside a weekend for your annual spring cleaning and feel refreshed for the year ahead.
Below is a list of squeaky clean tips that will surely make this year’s cleaning the easiest and most thorough spring cleaning:
- For those eye-catching stainless steel appliances found in most homes, use a light mist of wax-based aerosol spray and wipe with a lint-free cloth. Do this once or twice a week to ensure a sparkling kitchen all year-round.
- While gorgeous, stained granite countertops can be one of the more difficult surfaces to clean. Get rid of small scratches by buffing the area with superfine dry steel wool. Use a combination of half-cup ammonia in a gallon of water to ax mildew and soap residue.
- Are your walls showing a little wear and tear from a year of entertaining? Use this time to scrub them clean. For painted surfaces, use a sponge dipped in water and a mild dishwashing liquid to clean smudges without stripping the paint.
- Every little bit counts! Switch light fixtures off and the dust light bulbs with a micro-fiber cloth and a little water to get rid of any dust or grime.
- Clean out the refrigerator, and not just old food. To get rid of any stains or unpleasant odors scrub the drawers and shelves with a solution of two tablespoons of baking soda for every quart of warm water.
- Use spring cleaning as a reminder to check the batteries in smoke detectors. For optimal performance change the batteries every six months.
With spring cleaning behind you, you’ll be free to get outdoors and enjoy some of the best that Palm Springs has to offer.